Source of Infographic: Success Sculpting System
12 Ways To Boost Your Productivity
1. Choose the Right Time. We all know what times of the day we are more effective and motivated and what times we tend to drag our feet a bit. It is obviously smart to schedule your more important tasks for your more effective times of the day.
2. Toss It. This may seem simple enough, but remember that if you realize a task does not really need to be done, just do not do it!
3. Get the Bad Stuff Out of the Way. You will find that it is best to get the most unpleasant stuff you dread the most out of the way first rather than dreading it all day and letting it drag out in front of you.
4. Set a Goal Each Day or Night. Decide what you want to accomplish that day each morning. If planned the night before, it can be even more effective. You can spend all your time getting things done once you have a sense of direction!
5. Eliminate All Communication. You would be surprised how much it can help you to turn off your phone or cell phone and not check your email while you are working. If you have to, hang a do not disturb sign up. It is unnecessary to do this for all tasks, but at least do it for the more important ones that you will really need to focus for.
6. Batch Similar Tasks Together. It seems simple, but if you simply do all your similar tasks at the same time together you will waste less time. This means, for example, answering all your emails at the same time.
7. Set a Timer. This can really help with those monumental tasks that can take hours: set a timer for 30 minutes and get as much done in that time frame as you possibly can. This will help you work better and concentrate.
8. Set Targets. If you have to make cold calls for a sales job, decide that you will not get up for any reason until you have made 100 calls. Stick to these targets and it will help you succeed!
9. Utilize the Pareto Principle. 20 per cent of your actions provide you with 80 per cent of the benefits. This means you should focus on the tasks that are going to accomplish the most. These usually are the least enjoyable tasks, unfortunately. However, if you focus on the critical 20 per cent you will be surprised at how little you really have to do.
10. Delegate Some of Your Work. If there is anyone else around who will help you with your work, do not hesitate to use them as resources! When it is appropriate, use their time and talent wisely so that things will get done more quickly.
11. Set a Deadline. If there is a specific endpoint in the near future, it will really help you to be able to focus your energy and time. If you do not set a deadline, the task will not feel necessary and it will most likely not get done.
12. Increase Your Speed. This also seems obvious, but you will be surprised at how much more you can get done if you just try to do everything a little bit quicker.