Source of Infographic: AMEX OpenForum
Things Never Say To A Client
Word choices are very important when dealing with business clients. You can set yourself up for failure by using a few words and not realizing how important they are.
1. When you first are going to meet with a client, make sure you know how to pronounce their name, their business name. Pay close attention to any type of spelling or capitalization changes to make the name unique. Not knowing who your meeting with can be a deadly mistake.
2. If you are quoting prices never give a between amount. For instance if you say between 500 to 700 dollars your client is going to hear the lowest price possible and then be disappointed or angry if it is above that. You expectation is that you will try to squeeze as much out to make it closer to the top number. Save yourself the time and energy and quote the price you want. If it comes in lower, you can always give the difference to the customer and this will delight them!
3. Using the word but, when dealing in business is also a deadly term. When clients hear the word but, they think of adverse consequences. Using the word and, takes the negativity out and offers a solution at the same time. This can be a very useful tool. Your client wants to see you do what you say you are going to do. They expect you to handle any issues before it becomes a problem.
4. Even simple mistakes such as asking what a company does can make you sound like you didn’t prepare yourself in advance. Know who you are dealing with and what their company does. You can make yourself appear well prepared and intelligent by stating what you have researched and found out about the company.
5. The other mistake companies make is that you tell your client you will put the A team on their assignment. This makes it look like the rest of your company is the B team or second best. Explain that your company employees the best people in the business and you have selected a few people with strong backgrounds matching what your client needs. This sounds like you have focused your energy into giving your client the best qualified people and that you have done your research on their company so you can provide them with what they need.
Following these five simple tips can provide a lot more positive interactions with your clients and lead you to more sales. Clients want to feel that they have your undivided attention and that you are giving them everything you possibly can to insure a positive experience with them. These five tips can go a long way with your clients.