The ENFP personality type according to the Meyers Briggs Personality testing is the “Champion” or the “Inspirer” personality. It is one of the most popular personality types and according to research the following is true:
- 7.60% of Americans
- 6.3% of Brits
- 10.11% of Aussies
- 5.7% of New Zealanders
- 5.5% of Asians
- Great leadership abilities
- They are considered to have unique personalities and like to express individualism.
- Primary mode of living is focused on externals.
- They enjoy having nice things.
- They are typically very bright and great problem solvers. They are great team players at work and in life.
- Great people skills and enjoy intimate interpersonal relationships. They are very good at building trusting loyal relationships.
- They are perceived as caring.
The Negative Traits
Every personality type has the same opportunity to display both positive and negative traits. For example some of the negative traits can manifest when a certain personality type suffers from a personality disorder. Some of the negative traits that are associated with the ENFP are:
1. Manipulation: They can use their charm for the wrong reasons. Hitler was an ENFP just to give you an idea how powerful this personality type can be when they want to and how they can use their powerful personality for the wrong reasons.
2. Intuition: They have an overwhelming powerful intuition about people and can easily spot someone that is a bit on the unsavory side but they do not have very judgment skills so they can often jump to the wrong conclusion when they try to implement their judgment based on their intuition.
3. Relationship Issues: They can develop personal relationship issues because although they are very loyal they are also always considering what could have been instead of accepting what is.
People with these personality types are full loving, expressive and exciting. People want to be around them. They enjoy the company of other people and revel in uniqueness. These are the folks that will dye their hair purple and that buy clothing that makes them stand out from the crowd.
With the right balance ENFP types are very happy people. They enjoy life and if you are lucky enough to be a long for the ride you will have a great time too. They do need balance so typically two ENFP personality types are not a very good match in a relationship.