The ENTJ personality type according to Meyer Briggs personality testing is one of the rarest personalities. It only makes up.
- 2% of the overall population
- 3% of men
- 1% of women
This personality type normally displays the following traits:
- This personality type often is viewed as ambitious, optimistic, egotistical and adaptable.
- This personality type is often viewed as being energetic and ready to get the job done.
- ENTJ personality types are least likely to complain of stress that is manifested from work or finances.
- The ENTJ is more likely to suffer with heart attacks.
- This personality type is LEAST likely to believe in God or a higher power.
- The ENTJ is highly likely to be very successful in school and academic pursuits.
- Has excellent follow through skills.
- A high percentage of MBA students and small business owners have this type of personality.
- One of the two personality types that is most likely to report being satisfied with their job.
They are usually analytical and play through life much like a chess game, anticipating their next move and the moves of the people around them. They can easily work well in leadership positions because of their lack of emotional decision making. They are analytical in all of their decisions.
They can see how their moves affect others and how they expect others to react. Their ability to stay focused and complete tasks are one of their key traits that make them excellent leaders in the military, government and private industry.
The Negative Traits
This personality type has a great deal of focus but that focus can actually isolate them from personal relationships they can be looked at as:
- Cold and calculated because their analytical abilities often do not need a lot of room for “feelings” or “emotions.”
- They can be highly critical of people that do not share the same work ethics as they do. They can be very harsh critics of people that are not able to “keep up” with their program or their plan.
- Highly results orientated can make them skirt the steps or the process including disregarding laws that they feel do not apply to them.
This may not be the best personality type to be in a relationship with but if you need a task completed these are the people that you want to see. They are a tough bunch but can easily handle multi-tasking, planning and execution.