The ENTP is considered the “Innovator” by the Meyers Briggs personality test. They make up.
- 3% of the population
- 4% are males
- 2% are females
This personality type is often considered fun, risk takers and innovators. Of all the personality types they are the least likely to conform and live within the range of established “norms”. They are movers and shakers that often find careers in the arts and theater.
ENTP personality types usually display the following traits:
- They typically likable, enterprising, intelligent, fun and some would say a bit irresponsible.
- The ENTP is least likely of all the personality types to suffer from stress related illnesses like heart disease or high blood pressure.
- This personality type is the least likely to report feeling stressed by their family or their health.
- Are the best personality type in dealing with/processing stress.
- Often have type A behaviors.
- This personality type scores higher than all others when it comes to creativity.
- The ENTP is highly likely to break rules including rules against under age drinking.
- This personality type is likely to have a high income job that they complain about. They are more likely than the other personality types to complain about their career even though they are making a decent living.
The ENTP is a high energy personality. They are also highly creative and seek out opportunities to flex their creativity. If they are trapped in a job that is overtly conservative without much wiggle room when it comes to creativity they are easily bored and it is not unusual for this personality type to simply walk away from a lucrative career and opt for something low paying but that allows for excitement and expressing creativity.
They can also display negative traits like:
- They can be unreliable in personal and professional relationships as they follow their inspiration wherever it may lead they can often leave people behind waiting on them.
- They may find trouble legal trouble because they are risk takers and do not have a lot of regard for rules that they feel do not apply to them.
- They may have type A tendencies but they can also swing the other way and be highly disorganized and forgetful.
- They can easily be distracted from day to day tasks like paying bills on time when something else catches their attention that inspires them or feeds their love of art.