The ESFP personality type is the third most popular in women. It is the party personality. This is a fun loving personality that is always the life of the party. It is a rather popular personality type it can be found in:
- 9% of the overall population
- 10% of females
- 7% of males
- ESFP personality traits include being energetic, initiating and resourceful.
- Most likely personality to seek out religious or spiritual support when there are problems.
- The ESFP prefers to learn through hands on processes but they also prefer for the authorities to make educational decisions for them as opposed to satisfying intellectual curiosity on their own.
- Among the most likely personality type to graduate from college.
- Likely watches TV for more than 3 hours a day.
- Very likely to be satisfied with their relationship.
- Very likely to be considered “low income.”
- Tends to get along well with co-workers but not with management and often reports feeling of dissatisfaction with their job.
- This personality type is often found in caring type career fields like home health care workers, teachers, police and fire emergency employees.
The Negative Traits
Some researchers have found that this personality type is generally happiest when someone is telling them what to do. They prefer accepting direction over giving it but they are great organizers when it comes to getting people involved in organizations.
Some of the negative traits are:
- Not very active in the political process. They often do not vote. They also do not actively discuss politics.
- They can be led blindly without asking too many questions. This can be a dangerous trait.
- They often do not accept blame for mistakes but instead look to the other people in their lives that may have advised them on their options.
- They can be too focused on the fun and not focused enough on the task at hand. They are often boisterous and can easily be distracted from a project.
- Often complains of perceived unfairness in the work place but will not go above and beyond to receive a promotion. This personality type is known for following rules and doing enough to get by but not much more.
- This personality type needs constant motivation to get up and get moving. They highly regard other people’s opinions and it is often their motivation. Without having guidance or the potential that someone will think ill of them they would likely just hang out in front of the TV all day.