Ten Rules For Job Searching
Joblessness happens. It happens to the best of us. However, there is a set of ten rules that job seekers must follow in order to be successful in landing new employment.
1. Job seekers need to move past the fact that they are now jobless. Repositioning their selves to think positively and move forward will also help to recharge them so they are ready to go out and gain employment.
2. Job seekers need to make sure that they’re communicating and linking both on and off the Internet. The ways in which job seekers have searched for employment has changed, and so has the way that employers search for job seekers. Social media is at the top of its game and businesses are utilizing it every chance they get. So, job seekers need to make sure that they’re both putting themselves out there in person, as well as, on social media sites. The two go hand-in-hand. In-person communication is vital and so is online communication. Simple offline communication doesn’t cut it anymore, so job seekers need to establish themselves online also.
3. Job seekers need to value the job searching that they’re doing. Establish certain objectives that they want to achieve during their job search and stick to them. This will help them immensely in finding employment.
4. Job seekers need to apply outside of their comfort zones. It is valuable to employers to have certain sets of skills, but it is even more valuable to them to be able to work in more than one area of expertise.
5. Don’t pay any attention to statistics. Job searching needs to be about the job seeker. Focusing on statistics will only cause the job seeker to become depressed.
6. Having pessimistic thoughts will keep job seekers down. They need to move past this negativity and embrace positivist. Thinking positively helps them become dedicated to finding employment and driven to succeed.
7. Job seekers need to create an agenda and stick with it when searching for employment. Keeping an agenda helps the job seeker keep organized and makes it easier for them to complete their job seeking agendas. It also helps the job seeker to remain on track and perform better in their search.
8. job seekers should create both a paper version of their resume, as well as, an online version and update it regularly. This is important because trends show that employers are leaning towards utilizing this method, rather than the paper version.
9. if job seekers haven’t used their set of skills in a while, then they need to get back in practice.
10. always remember as a job seeker to be self-assured because you can accomplish it.