It is common in the workplace to have employees who are showing unprofessional conduct. It is just natural, which is just a response to what is happening in the workplace. Therefore, unprofessional conduct does not just happen. There is a root cause for which an employee acts that way. In such case, further occurrence of this can be prevented if something is done by the management. The person involved in the case should be talked to so that the reason why it happened will be known. This way, necessary steps and solutions can be made.
What is Unprofessional Conduct in the Workplace?
It is defined as the lack of skill or knowledge needed in completing a task or job. It can also be the refusal to follow any part of the agreement that has been made. Unprofessional conduct is the act of conducting one’s self with integrity, but one that can lead to harming the profession. Carrying on or practicing in a manner that is unprofessional is also considered as an unprofessional conduct.
Common Causes for Unprofessional Conduct
1. One of the causes of unprofessional conduct at work is failure to uphold the currency of professional knowledge as well as competence. This means that the system in the workplace is evolving. It is only right for professionals to keep up with the changes as well.
2. Complaints About the Practice. Professionals years ago were praised for their competency. However, as years passed and as systems evolve, more consumers are complaining about their unskilled practice. This cause may be related to the first reason. Since professionals were not able to maintain their competence, they opt to resort to doing unprofessional conduct.
3. Failure to Make the Needed Referrals or Seek Assistance. There are times when even professionals are encountering situations in which they do not possess the needed skills. However, instead of asking for assistance, others would choose to get on with doing the task even if they do not have the skill.
4. The difficulty in the personal life of the professional, which leads to affecting their work-life. These personal difficulties can be about issues with marriage, children, relationship, depression or finances.
5. Poor Communication. In the healthcare field, the primary reason for complaints is poor communication.
Impact of Unprofessionalism
Once these are present, it usually simply leads to performing of unprofessional conduct. One simple way to describe this is the failure to meet the standards in providing or performing professional services. Failure to exercise proper care can also be considered as an unprofessional conduct. In any case, there are others who get affected because of the conduct. As a step to prevent and also maintain the quality of performance being provided by professionals, standards are being implemented. The standard can be used to determine whether a professional did misconduct. The necessary actions to be taken will depend on the findings of the case. No one would want to face the consequence of this. That is why it is recommended for professionals to practice maturity and self-awareness.